To achieve your fitness goals, it is supposed that you have to strictly follow your diet plan throughout the day, right? Well, this notion is completely wrong. If we study researches and scientific facts, we come to know that cheat meals come with a lot of benefits and aid you to achieve your goal of ideal weight.
The Cheat meal is a terminology used in diet plans and refers to a meal you can take once in a week or in a month during dieting. On cheat meal, you can eat whatever you want to eat. Researches show that people who have a cheat meal once a week achieve their goal of weight loss with higher success rates than those who strictly follow their diet plans. Generally, the rule is 90/10 for dieting and cheat meals. When you allow yourself to eat forbidden foods occasionally you get a lot of benefits which are as follows:
You will have cravings for your favorite foods during your dieting and every fitness guru and dietician will accept this fact. If you allow yourself to have your favorite foods during your dieting phase, it will help you to stay motivated and follow your nutritional plan throughout the week.
Regulation of Hormones and Metabolism
Your metabolism starts working slow drastically when you are on diet or following a training-style meal plan. This fact makes weight loss process really slow, and you may feel stuck and really difficult to shed extra few pounds. This will sound really familiar if you have been struggling with you are weight and trying to reduce extra pounds through dieting.
When you go for a cheat meal once in a week that contains carbohydrates and fats and rich in calories- In this way, you can increase your metabolism which results in a metabolic reactivation.
But the point to remember is that it is a cheat meal, not a cheat day. You cannot afford the luxury of cheat meal on the daily basis and expect positive and amazing results from your body.
In this article, we are going to share with you some deep fried recipes that you can have as your cheat meal.
1. Fried Macaroni and Cheese Bites Recipe:
1 lb Macaroni
2 (8 oz) Packages of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chunk
1 1/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Butter
3 cups of breadcrumbs
Salt according to taste
Pepper to taste
Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- First of all, boil macaroni until it gets tender. After boiling drain it and set aside.
- Take your cheese, shred it and set aside.
- Take a large pan and add butter. Melt butter over medium flame.
- Add flour in butter and keep mixing until it gets light brown.
- Now add 1 cup of milk and keep whisking until it gets thick.
- Add cheese now in the mixture.
- Keep mixing the paste until all cheese is smoothed after melting.
- Now add already cooked macaroni to pan and mix it to get a proper coating.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Now pour the macaroni in a container that you will use in the refrigerator. Refrigerate macaroni for almost 1 hour or until it gets cold.
- Use wax or parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
- Prepare balls of 1 inches from cold macaroni and cheese and place on prepared pan.
- Now place these balls in the freezer for 1 hour. Take a bowl and beat eggs. Add ¼ cup of milk in eggs in order to make the egg wash.
- Firstly, dip balls into eggs and the coat them completely with breadcrumbs.
- Use the deep fryer to heat oil to 320 degrees, or you can fill skillet 1/2-3/4″ deep and heat over medium-high to 320.
- Fry the balls for about 3 to 4 minutes and drains. Serve it with tomato ketchup.
2. Chicken Sticks
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Wheat flour
- Beaten egg
- Oil for frying
- Seasoned salt according to taste
- First of all, break the chips into small pieces.
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips.
- Take chicken strips and dip them in flour, beaten egg, and tortilla crumbs.
- Deep fry the chicken strips in oil already heated to 350 degrees. Cook on both sides.
- Sprinkle the seasoned salt after deep frying and serve with cheese sauce.
- BHAJIYA (FRIED CHICKPEA-BATTERED POTATOES)
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 large gold or sweet potatoes peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup chickpea flour aka basen
- ¼ cups of rice flour
- 2 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder,
- Kosher salt as per taste
- Cilantro and tamarind chutneys, for serving (optional)
- Heat 2” oil in a 6-qt. saucepan until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350°.
- Now take a bowl and add chickpea and rice flours, whisk them. Add baking soda, cornstarch, turmeric powder, chili powder salt and a half cup of water in a bowl in order to make a batter.
- Dip pieces of potatoes in water and deep fry in already heated oil until they get golden and crispy.
- Transfer potatoes to a paper towel by using a slotted spoon in order to drain.
- Sprinkle salt on the potatoes.
- Serve with different chutneys if you want to.
3. Mozzarella In Carozza (Fried Mozzarella Sandwiches)
- Canola oil, for frying
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 6 oz. sliced mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil on 350 degrees over medium-high flame.
- Take 4 slices of bread and divide mozzarella slices them. Season them with salt and pepper according to taste and use remaining slices to cover them in order to make 4 sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally. Take three different bowls and place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in them.
- Dip sandwiches in flour then coat in eggs and have a final coating of breadcrumbs.
- Fry about 2 minutes until they get golden brown.
About Gloria Stokes:
Gloria Stokes is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences and express herself through her blogs.