One of the main characters in Michael Wolff’s fictional work Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House has apologized to President Trump for participating in the book.
President Trump’s detractors will stop at no undermining and despicable actions to discredit him. He is the first president in the history of the US that was not given even a second to prove himself. Even before he was elected, Democrats and anti-Trump activists used every legal and illegal means to besmirch and detract from his image.
Michael Wolff took it one step further, and created a book of fiction, presenting it as a documentary based on reliable sources, when in fact it is a work of malicious lies and fiction aimed to weaken the White House and destroy the President’s reputation.
What always amazes me is the fact that Trump became extremely successful in a very hard industry and succeeded in becoming a global iconic image of a very successful US businessman. This is exactly the kind of person you want in the White House. Someone that has succeeded by himself and not from political maneuvering to more powerful positions. True success can be rated according to the sector a person thrives in. So, a successful business person becomes rich, a successful scientist becomes recognized for his/her contributions to science, an author gets printed and read globally, and in many languages, a soldier gets promoted and medaled, and a politician succeeds in elections.
Trump succeeded well before he reached the White House, and his success cannot be based on other people’s role but in his leadership and vision. In regard to the book’s claims, Republican Senator, Tom Cotton said that Trump did not get to be elected as President by accident. CEO Director Mike Pompeo said that President Trump is an “engaged and avid consumer of intelligence briefings” He went on to state that they hold daily conversations about every serious matter that the US faces at home and around the world. Pompeo stated to CBS’s “Face the Nation” that “He (Trump) delivers policy outcomes based on the information that we provide him,”
President Trump said “I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author.”
Steve Bannon apologized via the site Axios, here is a direct excerpt from the apology:
- “Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man. He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around.”
- “My support is also unwavering for the president and his agenda — as I have shown daily in my national radio broadcasts, on the pages of Breitbart News and in speeches and appearances from Tokyo and Hong Kong to Arizona and Alabama.”
- “President Trump was the only candidate that could have taken on and defeated the Clinton apparatus. I am the only person to date to conduct a global effort to preach the message of Trump and Trumpism, and remain ready to stand in the breech for this president’s efforts to make America great again.”
- “My comments about the meeting with Russian nationals came from my life experiences as a Naval officer stationed aboard a destroyer whose main mission was to hunt Soviet submarines to my time at the Pentagon during the Reagan years when our focus was the defeat of ‘the evil empire’ and to making films about Reagan’s war against the Soviets and Hillary Clinton’s involvement in selling uranium to them.”
- “My comments were aimed at Paul Manafort, a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate. He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends. To reiterate, those comments were not aimed at Don Jr.”
- “Everything I have to say about the ridiculous nature of the Russian ‘collusion’ investigation I said on my 60 Minutes interview. There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt.”
- “I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president’s historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency.”