The transferring of our contacts is probably the first thing that most of us do after getting a new smartphone. Be it an Android or a brand new iPhone; our device is of limited use without our contacts. Though, if you are moving from one iPhone to another, then it is quite easy to transfer your data. In this guide, we are going to make you familiar with three different ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. So what are you waiting for? Let’s proceed and learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in a jiffy.
Method 1: One-click Solution to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Yes, you have read it right. With just one click, users can transfer all their contacts from one device to another. To do this, you can take the assistance of dr.fone – Switch. As the name suggests, it will let you switch from your old iPhone to new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X without any data loss. It performs a direct device-to-device transfer.
- Since it supports a cross-platform transfer of data, you can move your important files from iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to iPhone, and so on.
- Besides contacts, dr.fone – Switch supports all the major data types like photos, videos, music, messages, notes, etc.
- The tool is available for Mac and Windows and is compatible with leading devices like iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8, etc.
Here’s how you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in one click.
- Launch the dr.fone toolkit and go to its “Switch” option from its home.
- Now, connect your existing and the new iPhone to your system. Make sure that both the devices are connected safely. If you are connecting an iPhone for the first time, then you might get a prompt like this on the screen. To proceed, trust the computer.
- In no time, the application will detect both the devices and would provide their snapshots. Your old iPhone should be marked as a source, and the new one should be the destination device. If not, use the flip button to interchange their positions.
- Great! Now you can just select the type of data that you want to move. Enable the “Contacts” option and click on the “Start Transfer” button.
- Wait for a few seconds as your contacts would automatically be moved from your old to new iPhone.
- Once the transfer is completed, you will be notified. In the end, you can just safely remove both the phones and use them the way you like.
Method 2: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone selectively?
As you can see, dr.fone – Switch can transfer all your contacts in one go. Though, there are times when users only wish to transfer selective data instead. In this case, you can take the assistance of dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). A complete iPhone data manager, it can move all kinds of content from one source to another.
- Users can move data between iPhone and iPhone, iPhone and computer, and even iPhone and iTunes
- It can help you transfer your photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, etc.
- Since it provides a preview of our data, users can select the contents they wish to transfer
- Compatible with every leading iOS device like iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8, and so on.
Without the need to jailbreak your device or getting rid of its existing content, you would be able to transfer your data. To learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone selectively, follow these steps:
- Install and launch dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) on your Mac or Windows. From the home screen of dr.fone toolkit, select the “Transfer” function.
- Connect both the devices to the system using authentic cables and wait for the application to detect them. Pick the existing device to start with. You can switch between the connected devices from the top left panel.
- Once the source device has been selected, you can view its quick snapshot.
Now, go to the “Information” tab on the interface. Here, you can view all the contacts that are saved on the device.
- You can switch between contacts and messages from the left panel. As you can see, you can preview your contacts and get to know their related details as well.
- Simply select the contacts that you wish to move and click on the export icon. Choose to export the selected contacts to the connected iPhone (the target device).
- In no time, your contacts would be saved on the new iPhone without any hassle.
Method 3: Sync Contacts between iOS Devices via iCloud
One of the best things about iOS devices is the support of iCloud. By syncing contacts between different iPhones, one can easily retrieve their contacts. As of now, Apple provides a free space of 5 GB to every user. Therefore, before you proceed, just make sure there is enough free space on your iCloud account.
- Simply unlock your source device and go to its iCloud settings.
- From here, you can turn on the syncing option for contacts. Wait for a while as your contacts would be uploaded to iCloud.
- Now, set up your target iPhone by using the same iCloud credentials where your contacts are already present.
- Go to its Settings > iCloud and enable the syncing option for contacts. You might have to merge your contacts to avoid duplication.
- In no time, the existing contacts on your iCloud account would be synced with your target device.
While this seems like a convenient option, you should know that syncing works both the ways. If you delete a contact from one device, then the changes will be reflected everywhere.
We are sure that after trying these solutions you would easily be able to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. In order to transfer contacts from one device to another directly with a single click, dr.fone – Switch can be used. If you wish to perform a selective transfer, then you can always give dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) a try. Implement these solutions right away and never lose your contacts again!
Learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone in this guide. Three different solutions are discussed here to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.