You will need to make the most out of the bike riding experience or else your investment in bike rental along with the time and effort will be futile. As you may know that there is no better way to experience the grandeur of national parks than pedaling through it on a bike. It is more authentic, thrilling and exhilarating experience to know the cultural significance of the land along with nature and wildlife.
National parks usually work together with the bike rental companies allowing adventure cycling within the peripheries and with a few restrictions for your safety. Over the years the demand and interest in biking within the parks have increased significantly, and even there are a few annual biking days observed in different national parks.
Choose The Right Park
Before you choose the bike rental company, you must choose the right park for such an exceptional experience. There are a lot of national parks that may have varying rules and regulations for biking and offer a diverse range of experience and nature’s wealth. There are parks that may also add hiking, walking, and roller skating along with biking.
Biking is free of pollutions usually associated with motorized traffic such as noise, chemical fumes, and stress. Simply know about the weather forecast and get ready for the adventure packing your things accordingly.
The Safety Aspect
All campaign and biking programs are designed keeping in mind the safety aspect of the bikers. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the trail and the safety aspect of the parkway. Taking a cue from previous unfortunate incidents there is extra emphasis on the safety and security aspect considering it from all possible angles.
Visibility and enforcement are one of these factors considered while designing a biking trail. The Rangers are now even giving complimentary bike lights along with high visibility vests to the riders. This will help you to stay visible to others in the park’s natural and frequent shade and sun transitions.
Bike safety signs are another important aspect that is considered and installed to let the bikers know when they can use full lane or be careful of a bend.
To increase education, spread more information and increase outreach, rangers are also using brochures, radio and TV ads, and website information. This has promoted safe sharing of road by the motorists and the bikers riding on a hired bike from a local bike rental central park and other popular parks.
Lastly, rangers are collecting data through the temporary bike counters. This enables them to know about the bicycling visitation on the park to plan accordingly for making arrangements and upgrading.
Improvements For Biking
There have been a lot of improvements in biking over the years that has resulted in the stupendous success and rise in demand for biking in the park. Some of these improvements include:
- Improved bike parking
- Provision of better information online
- Increasing biking opportunities
- Addition of a bike shuttle service to reduce congestion and parking woes.
The shuttle service is the most significant improvement that can not only carry riders but can also carry single, tandem and even recumbent bicycles along with.
Another significant improvement is the installation of bike repair stands along the parkway in several parks. These repairs stands are equipped with bike pumps to ensure safe and uninterrupted cycling.
Surface improvement is another aspect that is noticeable and has reduced the risks in biking through the parks. There are no noticeable rough sections in the parkway due to the continual and professional maintenance of the road to keep up the condition to ensure a smooth ride.
Bike Trail Etiquette
There are a few etiquettes to follow all along the biking trail to ensure safe and easy bike trail access. Therefore, it is necessary to know about these before you reach out to thebike rental central park.
- Firstly, you must follow the cycling policy of the park and observe the set rules of the biking trail. These rules are usually formulated by the International Mountain Bicycling Association and are seriously recognized around the world. These are the standard code of conduct that all mountain and park bikers have to follow.
- Ride only on open trails and respect it and the road closures. If you are unsure about it then do not hesitate to ask about it at the information desk.
- It is also very important that you do not leave any signs of your movement on the biking trail. National parks are very strict with filth and garbage inside the park not only for the aesthetic sense but also for the health of wildlife in it.
- Recognize the types of trail construction and soils and follow low impact cycling. You must consider alternative riding option if the soil is wet, muddy and soft as these can be very dangerous and significantly more vulnerable to damages.
- Always stay on the existing trails and never create new ones to be more adventurous. You will not help the nature as well as the park with such moves and cutting switchbacks. Make sure that you pack out as much as you can pack in.
- You must have adequate control of your bike and never be inattentive even for a second as that can cause serious problems. Always obey all bicycle regulations such as speed and follow all recommendations provided.
Be Kind To Nature
You must be kind to nature as nature will give more back to you. Yield trail to let others know that you are coming on the same trail that you are on. Do not startle others on your way and do not try out anything more than a bell or a friendly greeting.
Show your respect while passing by stopping or slowing to a walking pace when you anticipate others around the corner or in the blind spots. Yielding includes slowing down, establishing communication and being prepared to stop if required so that you can pass safely.
Always ride with others in remote areas and leave your travel plans with someone.