In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of our important investments, their due dates, renewals, and payments. One has deadlines to meet in the office, attend the countless number of meetings, help kids with homework and if time permits, manage his health and wealth.
That’s why, it is essential that insurance companies provide online and SMS services to their customers, allowing them to get things done faster, better and more efficiently. LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) of India is one such organization that has changed with times. Strongly supporting digitalization, they offer a variety of online services to their customers.
You can now check your LIC policy status online along with its due date, policy premium, schemes, bonus, maturity, etc. by following these simple steps.
Process for New Users:
- Visit LIC home page and select “register yourself for e-services.”
- Fill in the online registration form and choose login credentials.
- You will then receive an email on the registered email address with a URL in it.
- Click on the URL to confirm your email address & link your policy with the user
- You will then, be required to enter some accurate details about your policy such as policy number, premium amount, date of birth, etc. and proceed forward.
- All your policy details will now be on your display screen.
Process for Registered Users:
- On the LIC website, select Online services option.
- As a registered user, enter your credentials to login.
- It will then display various policy-related services it has to offer.
- Select View Enrolled Policies option to see all your policies at a glance.
- To check a specific policy’s details, click on the policy number.
We always have our mobile phones handy. A text message or a phone call are two of the quickest modes of communication. So, one may find logging on to online portals as a slow and time-consuming method. With LIC, checking your LIC premium payment or policy status is just a phone call or SMS away.
Get LIC Life Insurance Policy Details Through SMS
On your registered mobile number, type ASKLIC and send it to 56767877. SMS codes vary according to the type of inquiry.
- Installment premium: ASKLIC PREMIUM
- Revival amount: ASKLIC REVIVAL
- Loan available amount: ASKLIC LOAN
- Bonus amount: ASKLIC BONUS
On similar lines, one can get LIC Pension policy status through SMS:
- Pension Plan Status of Policy: ASKLIC STAT
- Due Date of Existence Certificate: ASKLIC ECDUE
- Annuity Release Date: ASKLIC ANNPD
- Amount of Annuity: ASKLIC AMOUNT
If SMS facility doesn’t suit your needs, then LIC provides this facility over the phone as well. Keep your policy number and handy and call on following numbers.
- MTNL and BSNL users: 12151
- All other users: City code + 12151
A timely check of your LIC policy status and premium payments can save you a lot of trouble and money. Let us see how.
- An unfortunate event of demise in a family can occur anytime. Only if the life insurance of the deceased is valid, that his family is eligible to receive the insurance amount.
- Late payment of premiums and missing out on grace periods attract extra charges.
- An expired policy is of no use. So knowing your policy due date will help in its timely renewal.
Premium payments is another such activity that requires regular follow-ups. Gone are the days when one had to visit LIC office or a bank for payments. LIC now offers its customers online premium payment and premium calculator facilities.
Online Payment Process for Registered Users:
- Visit LIC home page and select online services section.
- Click on “pay premium online,” followed by “payment through e-services” option.
- Select Registered user option and then fill in your credentials.
- In order to obtain policy details, check on “enroll policies.”
- Enter your policy number and the premium amount and check on “view enrolled policies.”
- Enter the displayed code, and you will be able to view your enrolled policies.
- Select pay premium online and then on LIC pay premium online
- Select the policy you want to make payment for.
- In the payment gateway site, select the mode of payment.
- In case payment is by debit or credit card (this feature isn’t available on LIC’s old portal) it will display the list of banks. Select your bank and the type of card followed by submit button.
Online Payment Process for New Users:
- Follow the initial two steps mentioned in the above process.
- Select Unregistered user option and then LIC pay direct.
- Fill in all your personal details such as policy number, premium amount, date of birth, etc.
- You will then be redirected to the payment page where you will need to make payment following the same steps mentioned in above process.
- A digitally signed LIC premium payment receipt will be sent on your email ID.
If you are not comfortable with LIC online payment, then there are always good old methods of making premium payments through banks and authorized agents.
Axis Bank and Corporate Bank are two such banks, authorized for collecting premium payments. You may choose to pay by depositing cash or by cheque. In both the cases, do not forget to collect a signed receipt acknowledging your payment.
With so many payment options made available, one has no reason to miss out on a payment due date. So avail of LIC’s e-facilities or offline facilities and make your life much simpler.