Gone are the days when plus size women were left out when it came to stylish and fashionable swimwear. With the advent of the Internet and retailers selling plus size swimwear, full figured women have more options nowadays when shopping for their plus size swimsuit. Bathing suit for big girls have made leaps and bounds in the past few years by combining function and fashion, and they have quickly become an important addition to plus size clothing. Not to mention, modern time designers have embraced plus size women and have created stylish swimwear to make them feel and look attractive as they naturally should be. Whichever body shape you are there are a plethora of great designs, which means you can really flatter your body and look great relaxing on the beach or by the pool.
However, while larger size women enjoy much freedom in the selection of their swimwear, getting the right plus size swimming suit is a different story. Considering the fact that not all swimsuit styles, although made in the correct size, complement the distinctive full figure of a plus-size woman, choosing the right plus-size swimwear can be a daunting task. Not only can the wrong swimwear be embarrassing and awkward, it may be incredibly painful. Not to worry, read on to find out five ways to choose flattering swimwear for plus size women.
1. Know your body type– Are you an hourglass, apple or pear shape? Good plus size swimsuits are specifically designed to flatter the features of different body shapes and knowing yours will help you find the perfect suit. Generally, if you are pear-shaped, make sure you choose a two-piece swimwear such as tankini top with busy print and plain colored bottom. On the other hand, if you have a heart-shaped or hourglass shaped body, choosing a two-piece plus size swimwear such as tankinis or skirtinis would be your best bet.
2. Bigger isn’t always better– It goes without saying, that plus size swimwear comes with lots of size options. Many full figured women make the mistake of choosing the biggest size swimsuit. However, they fail to realize that the biggest size available may not always be necessary and can make them look fat. Consecutively, make sure you get measured first before you start with your search for the perfect size. With the measurements, you will be completely sure of what size is perfect for you in terms of offering you comfort and support at the same time. Besides, there are smaller sizes in plus category, so make sure you decide whether a skin-tight swimwear is what you want or you would be comfortable with a looser piece. Once you are in the swimsuit that you like, move around a bit in it. This will make sure the suit will not ride or gather up more than it is supposed to.
3. Get your money’s worth– Let’s face it, swimwear in plus size can be expensive. Thus, it is only right that you give utmost priority to the quality of the swimming suit you are planning to buy instead of choosing it merely for its visual appeal. Furthermore, make sure you compare the quality and prices of swimsuits on different online stores before making the final purchase. Along with it, inquiry about facilities like free shipping, discounts and always buy from the online vendor who assures a secured transaction of money. Besides, there are plenty of sources out there, so you won’t have difficulty finding beautiful swimsuits that give you the biggest bang for your buck.
4. Plan ahead– One very important, and often overlooked aspect of buying plus size swimwear is planning and buying ahead of time. Not only can buying out of season present you with a slew of end of line bargains from the season just gone, but you will have more options to sink your teeth into. Needless to say, this always beats buying swimwear in the middle of summer and finding yourself stuck in the nightmare of everything that you like being out of stock. Preparing a plan will help you find a swimsuit that is both stylish as well as affordable.
5. Color is key– Last but certainly not the least, is making sure you choose the right color. Plus size women have a tendency of choosing black as the appropriate color since the color is said to be slimming. While this may be true to some degree, you can look just as good in other colors as long as you choose a swimsuit that you are most comfortable in. Solid colors with a splash of a surprising print thrown into the mix is a great idea for plus-sized gals, which not only enhance your curves but also offer the coverage and support you need. Also try to stay away from white as much as possible, as well as neon colors. These are rarely, if ever, attractive on anyone.
At the end of the day, no matter what type, style or fashion of plus size swimwear you choose, make sure it is a swimsuit that you are happy with. Choosing the right plus size swimwear does not have to be a hard thing to do. With the right preparation, you can accomplish this effortlessly, and with no sweat at all. Whether you are heading to the beach soon or planning to go on a tropical vacation, make sure you keep in mind the above-mentioned tips and tricks for choosing a plus size swimwear that will fit your body type and your budget!
Author Bio – Carrol Brown is a professional blogger having 5 years of experience. Currently, she is working with TRIPP Swim which is a renowned Women Swimwear Online providing Swimwear at an affordable price. Carrol is passionate to share the tips and other information related to Swimwear.