How to transfer music from computer to iPhone?
If you have the same question in mind, then you have come to the right place. A lot of new iPhone users find it hard to move songs and other music files (like ringtones) from their computer to iPhone. It might surprise you, but you don’t need to essentially buy ringtones from Apple Store. By taking the assistance of the right tools, you can transfer readily available ringtones or even create custom ringtones as well. Read on and learn how to transfer music from PC to iPhone in seconds.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone?
If you already have ringtones saved on your computer, then you won’t have to go through any unwanted hassle. To learn how to transfer music from computer to iPhone, give dr.fone – Transfer (iOS) a try. It is a complete device manager that can help you transfer your data between iPhone and computer, iPhone and iPhone, and even iPhone and iTunes. Not just music, you can also transfer photos, messages, contacts, videos, etc.
The tool is extremely easy to use and is fully compatible with all the leading iOS devices like iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, and so on. Before you proceed, just make sure that the saved ringtones are in the right format (.m4r), which can be done through AAC encoding of iTunes or any other freely available online source. Afterward, you can follow these steps to learn how to transfer music from PC to iPhone.
- Launch the dr.fone toolkit on your Mac or Windows PC and go to its Transfer module. Also, connect your iOS device to the system and trust the computer.
- Now, go to the “Music” tab on the application’s interface. Here, you can already view all the saved songs, ringtones, audiobooks, etc. on your device.
- To add a ringtone to your device, click on the import button on the toolbar.
- Choose to add a file to your device. As a browser window will be launched, simply go to the location where the file is stored and load it on your device.
Wait for a while as the selected music file will automatically be added to your device. In this way, you can learn how to transfer music from computer to iPhone directly (without using iTunes).
How to Create Custom Ringtones and Transfer them to iPhone?
The above-stated method will only work if you already have readymade ringtones on your computer. If you want to create your own ringtones and send them directly to your iOS device, then you can use the Ringtone Maker feature of dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). It is an inbuilt feature of the application that helps us create as many ringtones as we want. Since you can directly transfer the ringtones to your device, you don’t have to worry about encoding them as well. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, launch the dr.fone toolkit on your system and connect your iPhone XS/XS Max to it. From its welcome screen, go to the “Transfer” section.
- Your device would automatically be detected by the application and its snapshot would be provided.
- As you can see from the navigation menu of the interface, there are different sections for various kinds of data like Photos, Music, Videos, etc. Go to the “Music” tab from here.
- Here, all the music files that are stored on your iOS device will be displayed. For your convenience, they would be segregated into different categories. Click on the Ringtone Maker icon on the toolbar, which would be denoted by a bell icon.
- This will load the following interface. Initially, you would have to add a music file. You can load it from your local computer or the connected device storage.
- After loading the file, you can set the starting and the ending duration of it in order to clip it. You can precisely clip the file by using the provided options. Just make sure the ringtone should be of less than 40 seconds.
- To listen to the clip, you can click on the “Ringtone Audition” button. There is an additional option to fade in and fade out the music as well.
- In the end, when you have created your ringtone and are happy with the results, you can save it. The interface allows us to save the ringtone to the computer or transfer it directly to iPhone.
How to Get Previously Purchased Ringtones?
For all those users who are a part of the Apple ecosystem for a while, this technique would be a great relief. If you have already purchased ringtones before from Apple Store, then you can get them back on your new iPhone without any trouble. There’s no need to buy the previously purchased ringtones again. All you got to do is follow these simple steps:
- Unlock your device and go to its Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- From all the provided options, tap on “Ringtone”.
- Once you enter the Ringtone settings, you can see various options and the saved ringtones. Under the “Stores” section, there would be an option for “Download All Purchased Tones”. Just tap on it.
- Simply wait for a while and maintain a stable internet connection as all the ringtones linked to your account would be downloaded to your device. In the end, you can view all the newly downloaded ringtones here.
Now when you know how to transfer music from PC to iPhone without using iTunes, you can easily keep your favorite music handy. Apart from songs, you can also add custom ringtones using dr.fone – Transfer (iOS). With its inbuilt Ringtone Maker, you can create as many ringtones as you want and directly transfer them to your device. Go ahead and give it a try and let us know about your feedback in the comments below.