Wigs are no wonder hair length and volumizing enhancers that give a chance to flaunt different hairstyles. While the idea of wig styling in itself gives a kinky edge, people think it’s a tedious impossible task that consumes a lot of time. Against this prevalent concept, we are giving out 4 wonderful African American wigs styling tutorials that’ll reform the way you look.
1) Crisscross wig tutorial
This is an all-time favorite hairstyle that is quite easy and fun and creates an ideal playdate look. It will take not more than half an hour to carve this style. The materials that you’ll need are:
- Hairpins and rubber bands
- Full skin top wig
- Wefted hair extensions
- Threads that’ll be an exact match of the color of extensions
- Sewing needle and a hydrating hairspray
- Sewing pins
Now that you know what you need to make criss-cross ponytail style in wigs let’s get started.
- Keep your wig in place. Spread the weft extensions evenly and sew them all along the perimeter of the wig.
- Once sewn, divide them into four even sections- one at the front, one at the back and two at the sides. Hold them in place with clip-ins/hairpins.
- Gather some hair from the left and right sections to make two separate ponytails. Secure them with rubber bands.
- Now gather some hair from the base of the back section and comb them evenly. Use hairspray to hold the strands together.
- Again use clip on to keep a safe distance between the back hair section and the selective strands from the step above.
- Gather few hair strands from the front left and use a setting spray to hold them.
- Crisscross the three sections- strands from front left, the left side ponytail, and strands from the base of the back section.
- Once finished, neatly secure the ponytail with the help of a hair clip.
- Follow the same procedure for the right ponytail.
- Start repeating the same methodical crisscrossing pattern alternatively on left and right till all hair strands are consumed.
- Neatly use thin layers, not large chunks, of hair strands to create a visible criss-cross pattern.
- Do not use a rubber band every time you crisscross the strands. It will create a messed up look in the end. Rather, use clips that can be removed easily.
Enjoy the flattering compliments that’ll soon come your way once you wear your freshly styled crisis cross wagtail.
2) Spiral curls wig tutorial
This is one Disney inspired theme that is extremely beautiful, and very quick and easy to make at the same time. Materials that you’ll need are,
- Wefted extensions
- Needle and sewing threads- make sure the threads are of the same color as that of the wig.
- Transparent glue
- Bobby pins
- Packing tape
And now, let’s help you get started.
- Use the needle and thread to sew all extensions together. Use as many or as fewer wefts depending upon how many curls you want and what thickness would you like.
- Take the wire and keep it neatly between two packing tapes.
- Apply glue on both sides so that the packing tapes cover the wire.
- The packing tape should not be wider than the wefts that you choose.
- Now apply glue all around the packing tape. Glue extensions around the tape till hair completely cover it from all sides.
- Now take a round object- depending upon how thick curls you want. It could be anything ranging from a cup to glass, and even a toilet paper roll.
- Use the object and roll the extension around it.
- The extension will take the shape of the object. Remove the object and spray the extension so that curls are held in place.
- Make as many curls as you want.
- Sew them on your wigs with threads of the same color.
3) Bun tutorial
This specifically cute hairstyle is an all-time favorite Halloween hairstyle that you’ll simply fall in love with. The materials that you’ll need are,
- Styrofoam balls
- Hair extensions
- Hair Elastics
- Wig head
- Marker pen
Now we’ll cruise you through the steps sequentially.
- Take the Styrofoam ball and color it in the color of your extensions with a marker pen.
- Now use a scissor to puncture the Styrofoam ball.
- Once hollowed, take a small strand of hair extension. Add glue to one end and insert that end inside the Styrofoam ball. Keep it still till the glue gets dry.
- Fold the extension around the Styrofoam ball. Use as many strands as needed to cover the Styrofoam ball neatly.
- Use hairspray to lock all strands around the ball neatly.
- Gather a chunk of your hair from the point where you want to place the bun.
- Use a hair elastic to tie the Styrofoam ball and the hair chunk together.
- Use hairspray to lock the two together.
Easy, isn’t it?
4) 1770’s high wig tutorial
Fan of classy vintage hairstyles? Like to play it differently every Halloween? Well, this one is especially for you then. As difficult as it looks, it’s as easy to make and flaunt. The materials that you’ll need are,
- Bobby pins
- Long wig – the same color as that of your real hair.
- Wire mesh
- Wig clips
- Needle and sewing thread
Now we’ll cruise you through the simple steps. Have a look.
- Use wig clips and neatly sew them towards the inside of the wig’s front hairline. Two on each side should be sufficient. You can also use three- one at the center- for added precaution.
- Place the wig right on top of the wig head. Keep a wire mesh on top of the wig and neatly sew it.
- Once secured, start taking strands from the base of the mesh. Comb them upwards and use a hairspray to keep them in place. Gently punch the strands on top of the mesh with the help of bobby pins.
- Keep repeating the process until all hair is consumed on the front.
- Repeat the same process on all sides. Remember to keep using the hairspray between tucking new hair strands each time.
- Once the mesh is fully covered with hair, carefully clip the wig on the hairline with the help on wig clips that you attached inside the wig from the first step.
- Ensure you leave out some of your wholesale virgin hair and not tuck them beneath the wig.
- Use those loose hair and roll them over the wig in the same way as you did throughout the styling process. Do the same with all your hair at the back.
This completes your beautiful vintage hairstyle. You can even use decorative hairpins to get an embellished royal look.
These are four quick, easy, and beautiful wig styling tutorials that you might find useful. Do let us know which one’s your best in the comments section down below.