You can learn music from a music school. But if you want to make sure that you will be able to apply all the things that were taught to you by the music teacher, there are other ways on how you can learn and that is with the use of technology. Imagine the countless apps and the other tools that you will find in your computers and smartphones. These can help you learn music and practice the skill that you already have.
Here are some easy ways to learn music online:
Make a computer, mobile or tablet your best friend
If you have a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet, these can be very helpful in learning music online in a fun way. If you are a beginner, you will find videos on YouTube and other sites that will guide you through the music theory that you need to learn before anything else. Just look for a video that is easy to understand, and you can now start learning music online. You just have to be familiar with the help that your computer or your other gadgets can provide you. Instead of doing other things, you can spend your spare time learning music.
Search a good music app
You should know by now that music apps are not only limited to listening. There are also music apps that can help you learn to play instruments. Here are some of the good music apps that you should try:
- Simply Piano- This application is brought to you by JoyTunes. It can help you practice playing piano and also helps you check your progress. You can start with two lessons when you download it for free. If you want to add more, that is the time that you can start paying.
- Vanido- This is perfect for children and adults. It can help you learn how to sing. With the use of the phone microphone, you will determine if you are hitting the right pitch.
- Tenuto- If you already have a background in music theory, this is the perfect app that can help you practice your notes and your intervals.
Learn concepts one step at a time
Learning music does not happen overnight. You need to give your time and effort to get a grasp of the different concepts that you need to learn. Here are some ways that can help you learn concepts little by little:
- Read and listen to the piece that you want to learn.
- Play the piece one part after the other. This may take some time, but it is the only way for you to learn the piece perfectly.
- Consider different techniques for playing and determine what works.
- Practice and practice until you find yourself playing perfectly.
- Play the piece in whole.
Retake some lessons if necessary
One of the things that you need to remember when you are learning music is the fact that you will not learn it easily. You need to be patient with yourself. For you to learn better, you can retake some lessons if you think it is necessary. You do not have to be embarrassed by retaking a lesson. This is a normal part of learning.
Train your brain
In playing an instrument, you will realize that there is a need for your brain to be in coordination with your hand. Just like mathematics, you need to train your brain to read notes and practice proper timing. This way, you will be able to learn how to play music better. There are different ways on how you can do this. First, you can start by memorizing notes. After that, you can now start with the timing and the pacing of the song. Playing music has a great effect on your brain activity. All you need to do is to train well.
Regular practice is needed if you are playing different instruments. Here are some of the benefits of practicing music every day:
- First, you will be able to learn more, and you will be able to achieve your goal faster.
- Your brain will be able to remember more, and this will help you improve.
- You will be able to establish a routine and music will definitely become a part of your everyday life.
Make your music awesome
Passion is the most important ingredient that a musician must possess. If you do not have this, it will be impossible for you to be able to play awesome music. Aside from practicing, you have to make sure that you are giving your best when you are playing. There is a great difference if you are just relying on what you learn and when you are playing from the heart. Make music awesome, and you will see how much you will learn.
Curtis Dean writes on behalf of Sage Music School where they base lessons on the science and research of the psychology of learning. Their effective teaching methods create confident and capable students who enjoy the happiness of making music.