Having a tight daily schedule? Then you might not have the time to prepare a lavish breakfast every morning. Hence, to rescue you out of this dreadful situation and lead a healthy living, we bring you top 10 meals you can prepare very easily every morning in less than 15 minutes. These not only require very few food items to prepare but also are quite rich in the necessary nutrients and some of them are particularly high in proteins. Read ahead –
1. OATMEAL – Oatmeal is popularly known as the powerhouse of whole grain. Having some fruits, spices and other tasty ingredients at your disposal, you can easily prepare yourself a healthy breakfast in no time. Many sugary or plain oatmeal packets are also available in the market but you can customise the recipe according to your needs and taste. If you are not too short on time you can also try ‘Apple Pie Oatmeal’ by adding sliced apples and applesauce to it.
2. AVOCADO TOAST WITH SUNNYSIDE EGG– Adding an egg to an avocado toast not only makes it more nutritious but tasty too. This whole grain toast requiring five ingredients and five minutes to make. You need 1 slice of whole grain bread (toasted), 1 oz mashed avocado, cooking spray, 1 large egg, kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
3. CHEESE OMELETTE – Preparing a simple cheese omelette has never been time-consuming. A fantastic source of protein, egg holds the potential to increase the nutritional value of almost any dish. You can even add tomato salad to the dish to make it a complete meal. It will keep you full for longer. Requiring just three ingredients – 2 large eggs, olive oil and cheese, the dish doesn’t even create a large mess and completely co-operates with the time constraint. You can personalise the dish even further by not folding it in halves and sprinkling your favourite ingredients on it.
4. SCRAMBLED TOFU – It’s a fact that protein is the main component required for a healthy living. Scrambled tofu has started to gain popularity of late because of its high protein content. Even on the busiest mornings, you can easily prepare this with just four ingredients at your disposal. All you need is tofu, olive oil, nutritional yeast, turmeric and some spices. Olive oil here serves the role of egg yolk by providing flavourful fat while turmeric adds a distinct flavour to the dish and makes it more mouthwatering.
5. SANDWICHES – A lot of customisation can be done here. Depending on your taste, you can have anything ranging from sandwiches with ricotta, arugula and fried eggs to the ones with tomato stuffing. Tomato avocado grilled cheese sandwich is a good option if you want a break from eggs but still want your daily dose of healthy fats and nutrients. Easy to prepare and serve, you require cheese, whole wheat bread, fresh avocado, onions, chilli sauce, olive oil and five minutes only to have an appealing breakfast for your family.
6. GREEK QUESADILLAS – The name may sound fancy enough but this is nothing but a sandwich prepared from roasted chicken, feta cheese, tomatoes and vegetables. You can easily prepare this in 15 minutes. Rich in calories, fats, carbohydrates and protein, the dish is a little less popular among people who are trying to lose weight and go low on calories.
7. PAN SEARED SALMON – Next we have a very special dish prepared from fillets salmon, olive oil, capers, salt, pepper and lemon. Taking around 20 minutes to prepare, the dish is rich in protein with near about 33.5 grams of it in each serving. A pretty straightforward recipe, you just need to throw some skinless fillets in a non-stick skillet already having some hot olive oil in it. Cook it till it turns nice golden brown and you have an awesome breakfast ready in no time at all.
8. QUINOA CEREAL – Well, next hot and healthy 5 minutes breakfast recipe for you is that of a Quinoa Cereal. Collect quinoa flakes, dried blueberries and some seal salt quickly and add them to boiling almond milk and give a good stir. Let it sit for 3 minutes so that the quinoa flakes cook through well. You may stir it again once for an even better experience. You can even top it with some plums and peanut butter if you are more into detailing and decoration. An easy and super healthy breakfast that is rich in protein.
9. MUG OMELETTE – Highly rich in protein and easy to prepare, this one is the best option available to you if you are trying to lose weight. For this dish though, you need eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and salsa. Coat the mug with some olive oil. Throw eggs into it and whisk them with a fork. Then add meat, salsa, salt and pepper. Microwave for one minute. Stir the large chunks of eggs left and cook for another 1 minute, and you have a super easy yet fancy breakfast ready.
10. PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL – Prepared in 10 minutes approximately, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is the last dish on the list. Made from milk, water, oats, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla and salt, this dish just needs you to boil water and milk in a pan and then add oats and other ingredients to it. That’s it. You are done. A meal rich in whole-grain, it is on a good rank in the list of nutritional dishes too!
Also, check-out this Ceramic Cookware Guide to learn where to find and how to use environment friendly and safe ceramic cookware.